As the seasons change, so do our skincare needs. Hot, humid months turn crisp and cool, exposing skin to a variety of environmental stressors. Stay ahead of the seasonal skincare curve with easy tips and effective products that keep your complexion looking flawless all year long.
- Swap facial soaps for hydrating cleansers. Wind and cooler temperatures can dry out skin and cause redness or sensitivity, so switch up your cleanser game and keep clean with gentle products. Start by removing your makeup, then use SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash to combat dry, chapped, cracked skin.
- Remember the importance of exfoliation. Exfoliation is a necessary step for healthy skin, even in dry months. A gentle exfoliant like the EHANCEMENTS Micro-Dermabrasion Paste helps remove dead skin cells and clears the way for skincare treatments. Plus, it helps refine and soften the skin’s surface—and silky skin is always in style.
- Keep your smacker supple. Your lips deserve just as much attention as your complexion. Give them the ultimate moisturizing treat with REDEFINE Lip Renewing Serum. Each capsule helps restore and maintain a fuller, younger-looking pout. All the better to be smooched over a pumpkin spice latte.
- Don’t skip the SPF. Just because you’re accessorizing with scarves instead of sunglasses doesn’t mean harsh UVA and UVB rays aren’t coming your way. Before you head out the door, continue to slather your skin with a high quality sunscreen like ESSENTIALS Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Body Sunscreen.
Follow the tips above and keep your complexion glowing no matter what weather you find yourself in.
Find out what the Doctors recommend for your Skin!!
SHARE these autumn skin-saving tips with friends and family who live in colder climates.
YEP! FREE PRESS! FEATURED AGAIN! You don’t have to take my word for it, check out all the latest beauty magazines…past, present, and future! We are just getting started!
Women’s Health Jul/Aug 2016 issue!! No, this is not a paid advertisement. Rodan + Fields doesn’t have an advertising budget. They don’t need one. The products speak for themselves.
This time it is the REDEFINE Triple Defense Treatment SPF 30 in the spotlight! This fan favorite “smooths lines with collagen-revving peptides while thwarting future damage with antioxidants (also, duh, SPF).”
What is YOUR major skincare concern? Share your comments below! OR Find out what the Doctors recommend for your Skin!!
My oldest two boys are going out to camp for the first time ever and they each have their own tube of ESSENTIALS Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Body Sunscreen and Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 packed. Seriously! They both have instructions that before they get out for the day, they MUST use their sunscreen and lip shield.
I HATE TO TELL YOU BUT…
No matter your skin type or age—and whether you’re lounging on the beach, urban trekking or hiking a mountain—the risk of UVA/UVB exposure is very real.
Take care of your skin—defending it against the daily aging effects of the sun with ESSENTIALS Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Body Sunscreen and Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25, and moisturizing it following sun exposure with Daily Body Moisturizer. Check out our face sunscreens too in our regimens or better yet Find out what the Doctors recommend for your Skin!!
DON’T UNDERESTIMATE the importance of sun protection and moisturizing during the dry summer months. Message me to help you select the perfect skincare treatment and protection for you!
How do you arrive more refreshed than when you boarded your flight?
I love flying. I have always been a fan of airports and planes since I was a child. That love for airports has reduced a little now after travelling with kids and the nightmares of airport security. But I still love flying to places and to sightsee and experience different cultures around the world.
While flying in the past, I have been known to snooze off and catch up on some sleep, I can’t seem to do that as easily as I age now. So I spend my time reading a book or watching a movie. But, of course upon arrival, I usually want to drop my bags and head right out to begin my vacation. I always make sure I arrive looking my refreshed best.
These tips and products can make a huge difference in how you look when you arrive.
- Humidity is extremely low during air travel and will leave your skin dull and dehydrated if you’re not proactive. Upon boarding, cleanse your face with REDEFINE Eye Cloths (these $27** cloths double up great as facial wipes to remove makeup as well as deposit a unique blend peptides clinically shown to reduce the appearance of lines, under-eye wrinkles and puffiness), apply REDEFINE Overnight Restorative cream ($66**) since you aren’t going to be out in the sun, and ESSENTIALS Lip Shield ($14**) to damp skin and lips. Reapply hourly or more often if needed.
- For some reason, I always love tomato juice while flying — I never drink it otherwise — but, if you want to avoid puffiness steer clear of all salty drinks and food and drink water your entire flight. Drinking more water than usual instead of dehydrating alcohol, caffeine or sodium rich drinks will help keep you hydrated and prevent swelling.
- Before arriving at your destination, use REDEFINE Eye Cloths to cleanse your entire face again. Then, add some REDEFINE Triple Defense Treatment Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($72**) to moisturize and protect against the sun, ENHANCEMENTS Mineral Peptides ($53**) to even out skin tone and reduce redness, mascara, cream blush and tinted lip balm or lip gloss for a fresh-faced and ready-to-go-anywhere, healthy look.
** Prices shown are available through the PC Perks program, which allows Free Shipping and 10% discount.
What are your tips while flying? Comment below and share your regime on long flights!