Fall…time for back to school, for getting back into a routine. The anticipation, excitement and, in some cases, anxiety can wreak havoc on your complexion. And if those hot summer days haven’t brought you a sweat-induced breakout yet (lucky you), then the combined stress of a revved-up fall schedule could easily show up on your face. The good news is that while acne is not curable, it is treatable and controllable.
Use these easy tips to stay ahead of back-to-school acne and score flawless-looking skin:
- Wash your face both before bed and in the morning. A whole day’s worth of dirt, oil and even environmental pollution can coat your face by the end of the day. Likewise, hair products can rub off onto your pillow, and from there end up on your cheeks, so it’s important to start clean every morning.
- It’s important to remove layers of dead skin cells and dirt so they don’t block your pores. Gentle exfoliation also keeps your skin glowing.
- Don’t pick or pop. Disturbing a pimple can cause infections and make it worse, sometimes leaving a scar. Dab a sulfur treatment on the problem area twice a day to bring down the swelling, or try UNBLEMISH Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash to unclog pores and reduce visible redness.
- Keep it simple. Too many products can aggravate your skin. UNBLEMISH Regimen is a simple, four-step continuous solution that addresses the acne cycle, eliminating most acne blemishes before they are visible on the skin’s surface.
- See your dermatologist. If you’re still having acne challenges, see your dermatologist for a consult.
There’s one thing to remember if nothing else: you should continue doing what works for you. To quote Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields, “When it comes to beating acne, success is routine.”
Find out what the Doctors recommend for your Skin!!
Tell us your story about how you successfully treated your acne.
WHICH ACIDS CAN WORK WONDERS FOR YOUR SKIN?
Skin and Acid. When you hear the two words together, it might bring to mind serious peeling or red-looking skin, but there’s a positive side to this skincare story. Some acids are known in the dermatology world for their hydrating, lightening and revitalizing effects on skin—leaving a dull appearance, noticeably changed. Other acids are the first line of defense against acne and signs of aging.
Knowledge about acids can help you find the right products for your specific skin type or condition. Here is a list of the usual skin concerns and skin-friendly solutions with potent acid ingredients for them:
- Disturbed by wrinkles or large pores? Both are natural signs of aging, which can be decreased with acid-based products. REDEFINE ACUTE CARE™ for Expression Lines targets wrinkles with line-defying hyaluronic acid—an ingredient which occurs naturally and is abundant in youthful skin, but reduces with age. While you can never change the actual, physical size of your pores, you CAN minimize their appearance with skincare products that contain hydroxy acids to exfoliate dead surface cells—think REDEFINE Regimen for the Appearance of Lines, Pores and Loss of Firmness.
- Age spots, brown spots or discoloration got you down? Changes in skin pigmentation are common in the course of a lifetime, yet they often affect how our age is seen by others. Whether the unwanted marks are due to sun damage, hormonal changes (resulting in melasma), or other forms of hyperpigmentation, several acids come to the skin’s rescue in the REVERSE Regimen. Alpha hydroxy acids loosen dead skin cells, kojic acid and antioxidants visibly brighten, and salicylic acid exfoliates and refines skin for a more radiant complexion.
- Agonizing over acne and post acne marks? Exfoliating ingredients like alpha hydroxy acid and salicylic acid help renew the skin by shedding surface cells that contain abnormal or uneven pigmentation. This allows lightening agents or other active ingredients to more easily penetrate the skin. Try UNBLEMISH Regimen to break the acne cycle—and diminish the visible signs it leaves behind on your skin.
Bottom line: Before using new acid-based skincare, always do a spot test to see how your skin reacts. Ease the products into your routine by using every few days at first, then build up to daily applications. Boosting your skincare smarts can lead you to the products most likely to deliver the best result of all: radiant, healthy-looking skin.
SHARE this article today to let others know about the wonders of acids.